Five Great Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Although there are many restaurants in the Springs, these are a few which are a little more than your standard big-box restaurant chain and worth checking out. These five restaurants are not inexpensive, but they are worth the money.
- Craftwood Inn -http://www.craftwood.com/: With a menu which includes venison, elk, wild boar, bison and much, much more, Craftwood Inn delivers an authentic Colorado dining experience with award winning dishes and one of the most extensive wine cellars in Colorado Springs. Set on a hillside in Manitou Springs, Craftwood Inn provides a rustic atmosphere, outstanding service and incomparable dining. Large parties, weddings and catering are available. Meals range from $15-$50 per person (ask about the specials).
- The Famous -http://www.restauranteur.com/famous/: This steakhouse and piano bar nestled in downtown Colorado Springs is a world-class steak house featuring Colorado raised beef, fresh seafood and top-shelf cocktails. Meals range from $20-$75 per person.
- McKenzie's Chop House -http://www.mackenzieschophouse.com/: Located downtown next to the County Courthouse, McKenzie's features Kobe beef, Prime and Dry Aged steaks, seafood, cocktails and desserts, all accompanied by an outstanding selection of wines and top shelf cocktails and martinis. Meals range from $25-$75 per person.
- Steaksmith -http://www.steaksmith.com/: This rustic Southwest steakhouse offers an excellent selection of carefully aged hand-cut steaks and fresh, seasonal seafood. The intimate dining area is perfect for couples or the whole family. Recipient of 39 "Best Of" awards for Colorado Springs. Meals range from $20-$55 per person.
- Ai Sushi & Grill -http://aisushi.us/: From freshly prepared sushi and sashimi to tepanyaki prepared right at your table, Ai features fresh, flavorful food at reasonable prices. Tepanyaki grill chefs provide excellent food and entertainment as they prepare your food to order. Meals range from $15-$40 per person.
Colorado Springs also several smaller local restaurants of note for their atmosphere and unique menus:
- Trinity Brewing Company - http://www.trinitybrew.com: Hand crafted, unusual but outstanding ales, stouts and more, accompanied by unique bar snacks to please all pallets, be they vegetarian or carnivorous. Up to 10 Trinity brews on tap at all times and 26 guest beers from Colorado, throughout the U.S. and even a few from Europe! Great atmosphere, great service, great people. Beers run from $3-$7 per pint, food from $6-$15 per entree.
- King's Chef Diner -http://kingschefdiner.com/: With two locations, including the original13 seat custom Valentine Diner built in 1956, King's Chef Diner presents a breakfast and lunch dining experience unlike any other. Gargantuan proportions, homemade vegetarian green chili and fresh-squeezed orange juice are just a few of the surprises you'll find at the "Purple Castle." Wait staff remembers customers' names and treats customers like family. Meals run from $7-$20. King's Chef's castle location is open for 8:00 AM-2:00 PM Monday through Friday, Bijou location open 7:00 AM-4:00 PM daily, late nights, 9:00 PM-4:30 AM Thurs, Fri, Sat.